GWB-60 LGOC B-Type London Bus
The first LGOC B-Type Bus entered service on the streets of London in 1910. On 18th October 1914, 300 LGOC B-Type Buses were impressed and ordered to the ASC depot at Grove Park for preparations to join the BEF in France. By the end of the war 1,319 buses had been taken to France, leaving only 300 serving in Britain.
On a pleasant day the preferred seat would always be on the top deck, although any change in weather conditions might cause a sudden change of heart. The B-Type was designed to carry 34 passengers in peacetime, but with all of their equipment this was reduced to just 25 soldiers. The lower floor windows were carefully boarded up with wooden planks to avoid occupants being injured by flying glass.